If you have ever received an error while creating a datasource in Railo, check that your database password doesn't contain non-alphanumeric characters. From my experience you can only use alphanumeric characters in the password. I recently ran into this issue when I tried using a generated password with a '$' in it. After removing the '$' my datasource was created successfully.

I figured my issue was just an isolated incident until I saw this tweet:

Image

What a good reason to write a post. So I hope this either helps you or helps save you time in the future.

If you don't all ready, feel free to follow me on Twitter (twitter.com/jdowdle )