Reflecting on values, 2016
As the year comes to an end, I’ve been contemplating time and values.
You only get today once and some day, today’s run out for us all. That’s not grim, it’s awesome. Because it means today counts for so much more.
A few practices and values that I have had and will continue to do so in 2017:
- Have deep conversations with people that you care about.
- No app will help you with the things that are really important
- Let people matter to you.
- Don’t be afraid that you matter to someone else.
- Watch the sun set and let it be magical.
- Realize that sun set just means you’re on a rock that’s rotating at a little over a thousand miles per hour and the sun didn’t go anywhere. You did.
- Cherish time with yourself and your thoughts. Alone time is often avoided because it shows us the problems. Face those.
- Be genuine, honest and vulnerable.
- Yes, you’ll get hurt and yes that’ll suck sometimes. Embrace that. It’s the cost of admission for living.
Also, don’t forget. New Years isn’t special. It’s just a day. If you don’t like how something is going. Change it. New days happen every day.